Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

Really enjoyed this challenge. Very real-world applicable.

JBraithwaite
8 - Asteroid

KevinHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenges, they are helping me a lot. 

I do disagree with the solution to this challenge though. It doesn't take into account that most of the tickets have more than one "Meal Deal" in the same transaction. It is missing a lot of "Meal Deals" that could be misleading to the client. It is missing 7000 "Meal Deals" to the count. 

Again thanks

jtwmoore
8 - Asteroid

Awesome solution, Kevin!

Way to think outside the parameters of the challenge. This is a perfect example of how, in a real-world scenario, a client may ask for the wrong thing or maybe just not the best thing. As data analysts, we shouldn't just be delivering requested metrics, we should be engaging with our clients and helping them choose the best metrics in the first place. It's the difference between taking data orders and delivering data insights. Well done!

gracec97
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 8.JPG
DataTester
8 - Asteroid

Had to play around with the definitions to see if the request was for exclusively Pizza or Burgers or if it could be either as well as or. But I got the numbers to match the output when I use either.

sarahjohnson
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
sarahjohnson_0-1571957444278.png
Inactive User
Not applicable

Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid

Usual recording attached

AlexSimpson
7 - Meteor

Enjoyable challenge!