Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
New content is available in Academy! You may need to clear your browser cache for an optimal viewing experience

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

Really enjoyed this challenge. Very real-world applicable.

Highlighted

Thanks for the challenges, they are helping me a lot. 

I do disagree with the solution to this challenge though. It doesn't take into account that most of the tickets have more than one "Meal Deal" in the same transaction. It is missing a lot of "Meal Deals" that could be misleading to the client. It is missing 7000 "Meal Deals" to the count. 

Again thanks

Highlighted
Meteor

Awesome solution, Kevin!

Way to think outside the parameters of the challenge. This is a perfect example of how, in a real-world scenario, a client may ask for the wrong thing or maybe just not the best thing. As data analysts, we shouldn't just be delivering requested metrics, we should be engaging with our clients and helping them choose the best metrics in the first place. It's the difference between taking data orders and delivering data insights. Well done!

Highlighted
Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 8.JPG
Highlighted
Asteroid

Had to play around with the definitions to see if the request was for exclusively Pizza or Burgers or if it could be either as well as or. But I got the numbers to match the output when I use either.

Highlighted
Asteroid
Spoiler
sarahjohnson_0-1571957444278.png
Highlighted
Asteroid

Highlighted

Usual recording attached

Highlighted
Meteor

Enjoyable challenge!

Solution attached