Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

wdavis
Alteryx
Alteryx

Similar steps followed to most people. Initially got slightly different data due to the months selected in my filter when comparing but this was easy to amend!

VictorLemos
5 - Atom

Here my solution.

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi - Attached for is a solution for the task!

kennetheng
8 - Asteroid

I really liked this one, because I had to think about what actually had to be done, but after I had a game plan in my head, it was relatively easy. 

I used an IF Formula, instead of the way the solution recommends, but came out with the same answer. Awesome how there are always more than one way to get to the right answer. All how you look at it! 

gustin33
7 - Meteor

My solution attached.  I could not change the name of the file without losing the point of sales database since I loaded as a packaged workbook. Is there a way to extract the file from the packaged workbook or get around this saving issue?

Spoiler
WC8.jpg
spriya17
7 - Meteor

Tried to keep my solution simple.

Spoiler
Challenge 8.PNG
LoganC
7 - Meteor

john_miller9
11 - Bolide

Solution is attached

Spoiler
challenge_8.png
Cumminsj2
7 - Meteor

arno_bürgin
7 - Meteor

I split the table into three separatable tables (food (pizza or burger), side, or drink) and then used the join multiple tool (inner join by TicketID).

screenshot solution 8.png