Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Hezabel
6 - Meteoroid

Really enjoying these

Quick question - I am new to this, so just picking my way through Beginner challenges, is this the best way to do this, or do them in numerical order? TIA

dpcurtis
7 - Meteor
To be honest I am doing the same thing. Looking at the Beginner first to gain more knowledge of the processes.

Unless a special challenge is something I need now, then I will tackle it as well.

Regards,

David Curtis

Detroit Powertrain Test Center
13400 West Outer Drive
Detroit, MI 48239-4001

- Salesforce Administrator
- Tableau Visualizer / Support
- Lab Operations General Support
- Management of Data Logging processes

Work Cell: (313) 515-8871
Personal Cell: (586) 531-3474

If you are not the addressee, please inform us immediately that you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete it. We thank you for your support.
bdjw
6 - Meteoroid

My attempt

amenteer
6 - Meteoroid

For some reason, my total kept coming out to "15,477" opposed to "15,497." I looked at it for a long time, but couldn't figure out why.

RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

For this one I have another calculation that I think will be useful; this is the percent of products that will be included as a Meal Deal.

Zachary
7 - Meteor

Similar to most, I summed up each type of food in one order instead of adding a second lookup table. And had to change my dates in the end because I had understood that "from June 2013" included the whole month of June...

gdell
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution to Challenge 8... starting to get the hang of this now!

gdell
7 - Meteor

Here is my solution to Challenge 8... starting to get the hang of this now!

gguedes1
8 - Asteroid

There were a few other possible ways I would have done this exercise. One was using the multirow formula, to look at the customers ticket transactions and for those customers who either had a burger or pizza and a side or a drink would have been flagged with a meal deal ( Had some difficulties coming up with a way to write the logic). 

I went down the road most traveled by using the filter tool for drinks and sides, and joined those back to burgers and pizza's by the ticketID. Then it was a simple unique counts by ticketids to determine the meal deals.