Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #8, done.

Spoiler
Challenge8.PNG

Cheers,

AdamBiggs
7 - Meteor

Got there in the end :-) 

alex2017
7 - Meteor

My solution is attached.

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I followed the approach a few people used of concatenating the items instead of building a pivot. I'm wondering if it is more efficient to scan strings or pivot a table one or more times. Also, I replaced Pizza and Burger with the string Main in the 39-row lookup table before starting. This avoided have to test thousands of rows for Pizza or Burger later on. I also took the opportunity to play with Dynamic Replace. This probably wasn't the most efficient choice but I was curious about the tool and this seemed a good chance to try it out. 

Spoiler
WC8 TonyA.png
MichaelEvans
6 - Meteoroid

Completed Challenge#8

DavidHa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Challenge 8 complete. 

manion72
7 - Meteor

thanks!   : )

FeedMeData
8 - Asteroid

Attached my solution!

robert-headington
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution for challenge 8

kmania
6 - Meteoroid

My solution attached. I was a bit confused with dates. Initially I also included June 2013 as I was reading instructions inside the workflow and it still says "since June 2013".  Then I realized it has been changed in the post to "since July 1, 2013" so finally I got the same results as in the output.