community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #8: Aggregate Consumer Purchases

Highlighted
Atom

Done. Fun!

My Solution

Meteor

Pretty easy one that had lots of ways to do it. Although I would say that obviously they should NOT offer a meal deal since without it 70% already purchase it and you would be discounting regular behavior 

Did not use the flags, but still managed to solve the challenge using expressions for string within Filter Tool

Pulsar

Hi

I also used a solution with no flag table and used a filter to find "([Burger]>0 or [Pizza]>0) and [side]>0 and [Drink]>0" after the cross tab.  I also filtered the Point of sales records before joining to the lookup table to reduce the number of downstream records

Alteryx Partner

Here's my solution

Spoiler

WC8workflow.PNG

The CrossTab tool was key here, it allowed me to group by the ticket ID and then identify combos. Its output is a bit messy and I'm sure there's a better way to spread the Type column, but by checking for empty strings I was able to determine if a ticket had purchased an item or not.

I assumed that salad and soups aren't sides, but the workflow should still work if you add additional arguments to the MultiField Expression tool.

Enjoyed the exercise, thanks!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Thank you!

Alteryx Partner

My  Solution!

Pulsar
Spoiler
I read 'since June 2013' as including June 2013 at first and couldn't figure out why the results weren't the same. Once I realized the data should be July and after and changed the filter, everything matched.
 8.PNG
Asteroid

Solution - very long and convoluted.

Spoiler
alteryx-c8.PNG