Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #77: Extending Spatial Lines

EW
11 - Bolide

I couldn't quite get the macros to work in the time I had, but love spatial tools!

Spoiler
077 EW.PNG
ArnavS
Alteryx
Alteryx

rmassambane
10 - Fireball

djodts
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution

JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC77.PNG

Definitely had to get some help with this logic but super clever!

Nicholas_Bignell
8 - Asteroid
Welcome to the Weekly Challenge. Each week Alteryx post a use case where you can put your Alteryx skills to the test. You'll be able to share your answers and collaborate with other challengers to arrive at an answer. Participation will be rewarded - just make sure you are attaching your Alteryx ...
johnemery
11 - Bolide

My results are slightly different (off by about 1/100th of a mile). I assume this is because I used a formulaic approach rather than a geometric one.

Spoiler
I used the Destination Point given distance and bearing from start point from this site: http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/latlong.html for my formulas.

Capture.PNG
LindaLo
8 - Asteroid

quite challenging

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

I was able to make a workflow to match the compare solution

I couldn't help but to notice in the compare solution the angle of the extended line slightly different from the actual line.  

Bit unsatisfied because of that. I would like to try it again and get the angle of extended line same as actual line.

Spoiler
atcodedog05_0-1585465636568.png

atcodedog05_1-1585465688598.png

GaneshBo
Alteryx
Alteryx

My Solution: