Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #77: Extending Spatial Lines

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is my solution

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflow
Ozzy_Campos
8 - Asteroid

Tried many different ways, ended up using similar approach as @PhilipMannering, great learning experience. 

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Found this tough (and the solution is messy) but the output looks right!

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

I was totally shocked to find that my solution was similar to the provided solution!

Spoiler
Macro:
challenge_77.PNG
justynam
8 - Asteroid

I tried solution with special tools, nice and funny.

But I also checked what if I assumed that on such short distance the Earth is flat ;-). I used simple proportions and it turned out that this solution differs from "space tools" solution by less than 0,01%.

Maybe the Earth is flat? ;-)

justynam
8 - Asteroid

I tried solution with special tools, nice and funny.

But I also checked what if I assumed that on such short distance the Earth is flat ;-). I used simple proportions and it turned out that this solution differs from "space tools" solution by less than 0,01%.

Maybe the Earth is flat? ;-)

OldDogNewTricks
10 - Fireball

This one was tough for me, I don't have a lot of geospatial experience so I had to look up and read a lot about great circle points, etc...  I finally got there though.

ipeng
8 - Asteroid

This challenge can be completed with 2 tools, Formula and Select. I used 3 - Spatial Info, Formula, and Select. I think my solution is good, the extended lines are exactly on top of the original lines

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)