Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #76: Strava Export Parse and Report

mbogusz
9 - Comet

Here's my solution based on @kelly_gilbert's solution which had me ogling at the heat map in it and then later applauding at the method used for creating interval starting times from interval ending times in it.

One of the reporting tools used was showing as 'deprecated', so I used the Interactive Chart tool instead.

Spoiler
2019-09-08 18_21_43-Greenshot.png
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@mbogusz, looking back, I have no idea why I didn't use Multi-Row Formula tools to calc the change in time and distance!

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

Since I have some reporting training coming up, thought this would be a good excuse to brush up on some reporting tools!

76_challenge_report.jpg

Spoiler
76_challenge.jpg
TylerNa
10 - Fireball

Studying up for the Designer Advanced certification and this looked to be a good challenge. I'm also a big user of Strava and so this challenge was even more fun in that regard.

Spoiler
WC76 Strava Reporting TN.png
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Sadly no dual-axis, but I've tried to find it...

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Challenge 76 is done!

Spoiler
challenge 76 JMS solution.PNG
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

This was fun and a good example for Alteryx users in the office.  I've been showing them that Alteryx reporting tools can meet most of their needs and they don't need to export data to render charts and graphs in other software.

Workflow:

Spoiler
Workflow 76.JPG

Results:

Spoiler
Image #1.JPG

Image #2.JPG

jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

PFA my solution

RoDO
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_76_RODO_Solution_Report.pngchallenge_76_RODO_Solution.png
AlexSimpson
7 - Meteor

I'm a big fan of Strava so was great to get stuck into this challenge!

Unfortunately my Alteryx version (2019.1) has no Dual-Axis option for Y-Axis in the Interactive Reporting Tool, so excuse the ridiculous y-axis scale.

Solution attached. 

Spoiler
alex_simpson_challenge_76_solution_route_map.pngalex_simpson_challenge_76_solution_speed+elevation.png