Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #75: Scrabble Word Finder

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This was such a fun challenge! Scrabble is one of my favorite board games! I think it would be even more fun to create something similar that took in other board scoring options (triple letter score, triple word score) to help maximize scoring based on your hand and what is on the board. (Maybe a super advanced challenge @JoeM ?)

Spoiler
Challenge 75.PNG

ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As you'll see, I'm not good at RegEx, but I was able to solve the "hard" hand. Will leave the hands with blanks for another time...

Spoiler
Ian's #75 solution.PNG
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Went about this a couple of ways, but I'm pretty happy with the result. 15 tools (3 of which aren't really necessary, but make life easier) and runs in ~1.5 seconds

Spoiler
challenge 75.PNG
nikolaskardasis
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution to challenge 75. 
Solved the easiest version first, then harder and hardest at the same time since the same logic applied.
It completes the hardest version in 4.8 seconds.

KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached

Spoiler
12-04-2019 17-02-11.png
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
75. Data Preparation.PNG
Very filthy mess of a workflow but it works for the first case scenario and will handle double letters too. The blanks part shall be for another time.
wwatson
12 - Quasar

I solved the basic one. Blank tiles still to come.

wwatson
12 - Quasar

Single workflow that works for all three scenarios

RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

I found this very very challenging! Thank you 🙂

Shout out to people who posted really informative solutions @jamielaird @PhilipMannering @TerryT

Spoiler
75.png