Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #75: Scrabble Word Finder

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Reposting to my new user ID.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

solution attached

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Challenge #75

mgaronson
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Spoiler

mgaronson_0-1654545154672.png

mgaronson_4-1654545362167.png

I seemed to have taken a different approach than others. The key difference is I alphabetized letters in the words and compared to an alphabetized hand. Used a simple Regex pattern match. I did not extend to using 1 or 2 blanks. Separately, I created an analytic app that allows the user to input any 7 letters (not shown here).

I have played Scrabble quite a bit but not recently. I chose this for my first 'difficult' level challenge because of the title. I had to really think about the logic to identify valid words. I liked this challenge. 

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
JamesCharnley_0-1655372601030.png

If anybody ever actually sees this then I apologise for the monstrosity. Would truthfully get tripped up as is with any double letters in hand although that could be coded into formulas if necessary. One of my favourite sayings on the Alteryx forums: If it works it works I guess.

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

This was a fantastic challenge. I got through the first 2 hands.

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

Loved this! Did the initial challenge, plus the single blank tile level 2.

duartepimentel
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached! Nice one!

Abiramm1
8 - Asteroid

Definitely want to come back and try the wildcard versions later

Spoiler
Abiramm1_0-1661244105357.png

peter_gb
9 - Comet

I made this really difficult for myself a few times but happy to finally solve it fully in my own way - including the blanks!

Standard tools only, more of a puzzle on matching logic than any alteryx heavy lifting.

Great fun (in the end ;) ) Definitely the most time I've spent on a WC but worth it.

Spoiler
challenge_75_pgb.png