Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #75: Scrabble Word Finder

ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid

This was fun! Such an adventure! I solved all three versions in the same file 🙂 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2021-07-25 001723 - No Blank Tiles.pngScreenshot 2021-07-25 003406 - One Blank TIle.pngScreenshot 2021-07-25 003438 - Two Blank Tiles.png

  I looked for the highest scoring word based on the instructions, but it seems some users looked for the top 5 words per scenario

Hub119
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached... is it going to be suspicious if I pull out a laptop to play Scrabble in the future?

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid

Here is my submission, create 3 batch macros for all 3 levels of challenges. I was trying to build a macro for 3 different scenarios and use the app to control that, but it seems a bit hard and take more time than I thought.

Spoiler
macro.pngworkflow.png

MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

There have been some very difficult problems back to back, but I preferred this process over the Plinko Probabilities problem. Thank you to the individual who identified that the inclusion of blanks made things more difficult. I will say that my solution with no blank letters matched the given solution, but I would be interested to see if the other two solutions that include blank letters will be the same as those blanks overcomplicated things just a tad. I'm glad I'll have this macro though to play words with friends/online scrabble!

BSilverblatt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge! Here is my solution:

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
base workflowbase workflowbasebase1 blank1 blank2 blanks2 blanks

Definitely not the most efficient, it works is all I can say. With blanks, I modified original workflow a bit just to compensate the new points deduction.

davidhardister
8 - Asteroid

The most I could come up with is 18 points for the blank and double blank. Workflow includes a check to make sure the count doesn't exceed the limit of letters available.

davidhardister_0-1641397210167.png

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
MT Solution 75.png

scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution: