Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #75: Scrabble Word Finder

Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

75.JPG

geoff_zath
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler

geoff_zath_0-1681846186142.png

The wildcard hands work with the same workflow. Just need to update the filter tool to allow words that don't match the word count possible in your hand.

TimJVR
7 - Meteor

Hello Everyone,

I think my solution is pretty good. Can handle any number of letters and any number of blanks (even if you somehow had 10 in your hand). It also runs in 2.5 seconds and uses none of the fancy functions. A few formulas and filters, a couple of appends and a union, etc. 

Spoiler
TimJVR_0-1682347256238.png

Thanks for the challenge!

bjkay30
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution.

Spoiler
bjkay30_0-1682627935323.png

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

attaching my solution

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

Here is my solution. Usually I try to do every little bit of the challenge, but this one was...*tough*.

Spoiler
SPOILER

For my solution, I went with incorporating two standard macros. The first macro does most of the data prep leg work. The second utilizes a basic Summarize/Union approach to achieve the desired effect.

Normally, I am not a fan of a including multiple macros within a workflow for challenges - macros may be challenging for newer users pushing themselves in to new Alteryx terrain. But, I thought it would help splice processes and make the workflow a bit more approachable to understand.

Hope this helps!

Weekly Challenge 75 - Final Workflow Picture.png

MatteoReddavide
8 - Asteroid

I think it was a difficult one but a good exercise for iterative macros, I learned so much!

I found the first step harder to build because then it was just a matter of adjustments to the flow.

Anyway, here are my results for:

- First hand:

Screenshot 2023-07-06 102337.png

- Second hand (one blank):

Screenshot 2023-07-06 102312.png

- Third hand (two blanks):

Screenshot 2023-07-06 102244.png

Spoiler
And here is my flow with the macro:

Screenshot 2023-07-06 102421.pngScreenshot 2023-07-06 102434.png 

michaelbono16
7 - Meteor

I used a macro to solve for each different input.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Done

Spoiler
image.png
mithily
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
basic one