Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #75: Scrabble Word Finder

ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid

This was fun! Such an adventure! I solved all three versions in the same file 🙂 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2021-07-25 001723 - No Blank Tiles.pngScreenshot 2021-07-25 003406 - One Blank TIle.pngScreenshot 2021-07-25 003438 - Two Blank Tiles.png

  I looked for the highest scoring word based on the instructions, but it seems some users looked for the top 5 words per scenario

Hub119
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached... is it going to be suspicious if I pull out a laptop to play Scrabble in the future?

JasonHu
8 - Asteroid

Here is my submission, create 3 batch macros for all 3 levels of challenges. I was trying to build a macro for 3 different scenarios and use the app to control that, but it seems a bit hard and take more time than I thought.

Spoiler
macro.pngworkflow.png

MichaelPilotFreight
8 - Asteroid

Check out my solution!

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

There have been some very difficult problems back to back, but I preferred this process over the Plinko Probabilities problem. Thank you to the individual who identified that the inclusion of blanks made things more difficult. I will say that my solution with no blank letters matched the given solution, but I would be interested to see if the other two solutions that include blank letters will be the same as those blanks overcomplicated things just a tad. I'm glad I'll have this macro though to play words with friends/online scrabble!

BSilverblatt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the challenge! Here is my solution:

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
base workflowbase workflowbasebase1 blank1 blank2 blanks2 blanks

Definitely not the most efficient, it works is all I can say. With blanks, I modified original workflow a bit just to compensate the new points deduction.

davidhardister
8 - Asteroid

The most I could come up with is 18 points for the blank and double blank. Workflow includes a check to make sure the count doesn't exceed the limit of letters available.

davidhardister_0-1641397210167.png

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
MT Solution 75.png

scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution: