Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #75: Scrabble Word Finder

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Just did the non-blank part.  

SkomantasTamulaitis
8 - Asteroid

Only did the first part.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2022-12-14 122826.png
lhalliwell
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Screenshot 2023-01-10 163301.jpg

TungThanhHo
8 - Asteroid

my first attempt took 1hr22mins to run with correct results.

TungThanhHo_0-1674016802692.png

my second attempt, and with thanks to @NicoleJohnson took 1.5 seconds.

TungThanhHo_1-1674016864548.png

Both attempts in WB

Hiblet
10 - Fireball

What was the answer for the 1 and 2 blank hands?  I had SQUAB for the one blank and QOPH or QUIP for the two blank hand.

In the course of this, I built a macro that makes permutation lists for 9 or less items, but my actual answer did not need it in the end.  The macro uses look-up tables so runs quick, the 9 item list takes 10 secs to build.  Also, because it uses lookups, the list is right once in the table, and so the chance of a bug in the result is much smaller.  It can be found here...  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Permutations/ta-p/1069277

kristiadiuisan
8 - Asteroid

Only did part 1

Will come back when part 2 and 3 have been figured out

alacoume
8 - Asteroid

This one was really hard!!! I have almost give up after trials and errors, but was finally very happy when I ended up with a solution!

hfin047
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
hfin047_0-1678197165202.png

I did the spelling bee challenge prior to this one, so thankfully could take lessons learned from there to reach the solution.

CeliaC_Silje
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
CeliaC_Silje_0-1679046853972.png
fvojtesek
8 - Asteroid

It's a little inefficient, but this is my solution.  It appears to work anyways.