Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #74: Build a Factorial Calculator

brandowd
8 - Asteroid

Initially I thought that as this was a macro and factorial is somewhat iterative that it needed to be an iterative macro, which kinda make sense as if you had written it in code it would be recursive or iterative. But this led me to a dark place that I struggled with. This maybe just me but I didn't seem to find that many tutorials on iterative macros other than 'compound interest of one value' or 'travel calculator' neither of which helped me in this problem. Others just went off in the deep end and not that many go through the 'how it works' or 'how to debug during iteration x'.

After tearing my hair out I went back to basics and came up with pretty much the same macro as the solution (albeit missing a couple of tools). Good fun though and I learnt a little bit more about iterative macros.

Spoiler
brandowd_0-1633072986293.png

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Batched it.

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

my take 🙂

galmahalal
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Here is my solution.

Thanks

Priyanka_Ms
8 - Asteroid

Easy one !! Good for practice. 

Spoiler
Priyanka_Ms_0-1634898897740.png

Priyanka_Ms
8 - Asteroid

Forgot to mention, i have created an app for this (the previously attached workflow), hence it can take any value.

Spoiler
Priyanka_Ms_0-1634900091652.png

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
74.png
simon_inviso
8 - Asteroid

My solution.

Spoiler
Wanted to do an iterative macro which ended up being an iterative macro within a standard macro. But works!

Harrylosborne
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Harrylosborne_0-1637163762325.png

patcrosley
6 - Meteoroid

Here's my solution to the challenge.