Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #74: Build a Factorial Calculator

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Fun one!

My solution:

Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG
I had the strange idea to generate rows and concatenate with * as the delimiter to make the factorial formula.

After seeing other solutions, I wish that I had added another level of logic to deal with negative numbers.
KeithTroutt
8 - Asteroid

solution

Spoiler
Challenge 74 Spoiler macro.PNG
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I think I've spent too much time with iterative macros recently. What's that saying about everything looking like a nail to a hammer...

Spoiler
Challenge 74.png
Karam
8 - Asteroid

Nice challenge!

Spoiler
challenge 74.PNG
CRowlatt
8 - Asteroid

Seemingly unable to upload the macro itself, but placed the contents of it on the workflow for clarity.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This was a fun challenge, and actually a bit harder than I anticipated.

The Macro was easily build, but having it to calculate correctly was another challenge 😃

But here is my solution

Spoiler
My main challenge was to get the Multi Row calculation right, and one thing I forgot was to group the calculation on the seed number.

But the macro it self is rather simple.
The MacroThe MacroAnd the therefore the workflow as wellThe WorkflowThe Workflow
I did test this with numbers up to 100, but you need to make sure that the factorial number is stored as double.

From the manual, Double can store values up to 1.7 x 10^308
If you did read the linked Wikipedia article you can see that a n value of 100 gives a n! value of 9.332621544×10^157 which can fit in a Double, but the next example on Wikipedia is n=450 which gives a n! value of 1.733368733×10^1000 which is quite above the limit of Doubles 😂

Still Climbing and just passed the 50 challenge mark!

/Thomas

JonathanAllenby
8 - Asteroid

Here's my solution macro - my first ever!

Spoiler
FactorialMacroSnip.PNG
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Was a bit tricky, but I made it through this one. 

Spoiler
Challenge 74.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

good one

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I've attached my solution!