Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #73: Plinko Probabilities

LiuZhang
9 - Comet
Spoiler
73 - 1.png73 - 2.png
Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Like a lot of solutions, this one leans into a bit of a brute force approach. Fortunate piece is that once you work through the first 2, you just copy paste for next 2, then copy those 4 and paste the next 4, couple modifications after paste and done, so not too tedious to build. It runs fast, I can say that.

Spoiler
MT Solution 73.png

TonyAndriani
9 - Comet

Reposting to my new user ID.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

solution attached

scoles0617
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

aiahwieder
8 - Asteroid

I *think* this is it . . . been a minute since I had to calculate relative probabilities!

mmontgomery
11 - Bolide

Challenge #73. Similar to a few others suggested. Preferred a simpler vs scalable route

ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid

I calculated probabilities for each path through the plinko board, but it's been a while since I calculated relative probabilities so this is based on my best understanding of the instructions :)

Spoiler
Screenshot 2022-08-16 200639.pngScreenshot 2022-08-16 200822.png

  

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Here is my workflow ! I'm not sure I answered correctly as I didn't fully understand the challenge.

Abiramm1
8 - Asteroid

Genuinely might be my worst solution yet - but we move

Spoiler
Abiramm1_0-1661175991558.png