Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #73: Plinko Probabilities

alacoume
8 - Asteroid

This challenge was too tough for me and I did not have the courage to search a lot! I have still spent a lot of time on the n°75, so I decided to learn from other solution... The one from Jonathan Allenby was very clever so I have rebuild the same workflow. It was a nice and smart idea and allow me to practise iterative macro I never use.

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Finally got around to this challenge. I went a different route and created an app to allows you to create your own Plinko board and try to win some hypothetical money.  

UI:

Spoiler
UI #1.pngUI #2.png

Result:

Final Board.png

CeliaC_Silje
8 - Asteroid

😐

Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

73.png

geoff_zath
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
geoff_zath_0-1681771570809.png

chandler-gjino
Alteryx
Alteryx

attaching my solution

ed_hayter
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Wanted to make an Alteryx Plinko Board So I did it

Challenge 73 WF Image.pngChallenge 73 Macro Image.png

Then made some reporting histograms to see the probability of landing in a particular ending position depending on start point. i ran 1000 trials for each start point

NicolasSz
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Challenge_73.PNG
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

I like this challenge

Spoiler
image.png
olga_strubbe
10 - Fireball

Thank you, @MattD, for a neat challenge!  I leveraged the solution provided, as I got a bit in the weeds with the calculations.  It was a good learning experience!