Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #70: Trade Area Drivetime Radii

willstom1
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution - like others I don't have the drive-time data set but trial and error got me to a radius of 18.5km:

Spoiler
Alteryx Challenge 70 Solution.PNG
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately I haven't got a Spatial License for the United States, but that didn't kept me from building the workflow:

Spoiler
challenge 70.jpg
JDelgado
8 - Asteroid

I don't have the drivetime data set, so instead I used a trade area radius of 10 miles. Everything else should be the same as far as how a solution to the question is built... I included the resulting intersection area as proof that I got to a solution correctly.

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached. 

Spoiler
I found the ST_Intersection function to solve this problem. I had never noticed that the Summarize tool had an option to take the intersection of spatial objects.

challenge_70_hint_screenshot.png

JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers! I don't have the drive time data-set, so I had to go with a straight distance. 

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

I don't have access to drive time data so I made 12 mi trade areas around each office.

MarMu
8 - Asteroid

I don't have drive time data. So I went for an area instead. Same tools but different result.

Spoiler
challenge_70_start_file_MarMu.png
jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Good use of spatial tasks! but I don't have TomTom data so used mile radius instead.. 

KP2
7 - Meteor

#70 struggled without drive time data, but here's my solution 

yajing_wang
8 - Asteroid

NO driving data set, so use miles.