Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #70: Trade Area Drivetime Radii

Elias_Nordlinder
11 - Bolide

Here is my solution (Without TomTom):

Spoiler
Elias_Nordlinder_0-1626803802703.png

ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid

I actually had access to the drivetime tools but could not get them properly installed. All of the instructions I found to install the drivetime dataset were specific enough to resolve the issue I was having. They were mostly people saying that they don't have the drivetime dataset licenses or telling me where to download but not how to get it to work.

Instead I went with 11.555 miles instead of 30 minutes and got as close as I could. Luckily the methodology matches the solution and what others have done!

Hopefully, future challenges don't have too many instances of requiring licenses that only some people have access to.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2021-07-23 235948.png

euanwilson
8 - Asteroid

Not having the spatial data I just used trial and error to narrow down the trade area to a point where it gave me a rough estimation of the answer given.

Spoiler
Workflow.PNGResults.PNGMap.PNG
ncrlelia
11 - Bolide

Challenge 70 - based on 30 miles instead

Tony_Castillo
9 - Comet

No spatial package data included so assumed 10 mile radius. 

Spoiler
Tony_Castillo_0-1629927589523.png

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

I didn't have the ability to use Tom Tom information for drivetime, so I made a handful of assumptions and was able to come up with an area that is almost the same as the solution.

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Spatial Data Rocks! 

Kevin_VANCAPPEL
10 - Fireball

Hello,

here is my proposal.

Because I don't have "drivetime data", I've choose to find the common area to 12 miles away from each satellite.

Regards,

Kévin VANCAPPEL (France)

jjrbondoc
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
jjrbondoc_0-1632301458137.png

Harrylosborne
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Harrylosborne_0-1632816394348.png