Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #70: Trade Area Drivetime Radii

sumanthskumar
8 - Asteroid

Number 18
Would have definitely preferred the distance in miles or km.

Spoiler
sumanthskumar_0-1589864797093.png

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Sharing my solution.

I don't have access to the driving time data so I have used the distance.

Spoiler
Challenge_70_Emil_Kos.PNG
GaurVitul
7 - Meteor

How can I solve this challenge without using the Trade Area tool? When I try to use it, I get this error - could not load the requested drivetime dataset: latest alteryx.

CR_Marland
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
70 solution.PNG
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Challenge #70 solved. Didn't have access to the TomTom drivetime data but I based my estimations on the average driving speed in the State of Massachusetts. It's not the most precise approximation, but the tools I have used are correct

Spoiler
Annotation 2020-05-28 191750.png

GeraldJTessier
8 - Asteroid

Here my solution

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

No Drive Time data set.

Used estimated CBD max speed limit  as proxy

Spoiler
RobertOdera_0-1592447610390.png

JonathanW
8 - Asteroid

Solved! I don't have access to the drive time data so I used miles instead. Got pretty close to the actual answer by trial and error

Spoiler
JonathanW_0-1593579941541.png

JohanRanschaert
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
JohanRanschaert_0-1594032300714.png

In attach my solution. As no data set available for drive time minutes, I used 11.5 Miles Radius as calculation parameter.

CKP
10 - Fireball

It looks like my drivetime feature only works in the UK, so I moved the offices to London (at great expense). However, having done that, with London traffic being what it is 30 minutes is not enough time for all 3 to meet in the middle. So I then had to increase the drivetime to 40 minutes. Maybe Alteryx needs a tubetime feature?

Spoiler
challenge_70_mysolution.jpg