Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #70: Trade Area Drivetime Radii

mat_budden
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Please find my Results below..... Unfortunately I am in Aus, so i may have manipulated the start Locations to suit, I contemplated using a third party API to get the US Drive times which i have done before for Aus Drive times however I just found a spot (Penrith NSW) and moved the points until they landed in the Sydney Metro area - The points are still the same spread, However the result is different due to the Roads and area, My result is what the task was after anyhow.

Spoiler
Because it was only 3 locations I just did it in 2 steps, Create the points, Get the 30 min drive times, Make intersection object using a multirow, Down to 2 rows, Then do the same on the output, Which gives an object that all three start drive times covered, Calc the Area (Which i did in Miles and Kilometers being Australian and All...) and job done.

Thanks

Mat

danicahui
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 70 2019-12-03.jpg
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
screenshot_70.png
ozdogand
8 - Asteroid

Here's my results - exchanging 15 mile radius for 30 minute drive time.

Spoiler
Spoiler
ozdogand_0-1576167477639.png
JamesCameron
8 - Asteroid

My Effort - no drive time, so used a 15 mile radius

Spoiler
Also - don't use spatial stuff much day to day so didn't realise you create intersections using a summary tool. Hence two spatial processes to get the intersection

JamesCameron_0-1576437394430.png
jfone
8 - Asteroid

MFish
8 - Asteroid

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Gotta get this spatial!

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
EW
11 - Bolide

I don't have the drivetime data, so like it appears others have done I used the mile radius "stick in the sand" approach.  

Spoiler
070 EW.PNG
Carlo_SKay
8 - Asteroid