Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #70: Trade Area Drivetime Radii

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

I don't have the TomTom dataset, so I found the equivalent linear distance for that 30-minute-drive area

Alekh
9 - Comet

My solution

Spoiler
70.png

KeithTroutt
8 - Asteroid

I don't have the spatial license. However, I compared to other approaches and I look like I took a similar approach. I did two paths. First path used spatial process tools and second path used the summarize intersection. Both had the same answer in the end. 

Spoiler
Challenge 70 Spoiler.PNG
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Tried my best to replicate the answer without having access to drivetime data...

Spoiler
challenge 70.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Don't have the drive time data so used straight line distance instead.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

As numerous others has mentioned, this weekly challenge is difficult with out the availability of the Spatial Data Package to calculate driving distance.

So I brute forced my solution inspired by  @NicoleJohnson 

Spoiler
Since I did not either have access to the additional spatial data package needed to facilitate the Drive Time calculation in the Trade Area object, i did a kind of brute forcing my result to use an input of 11.56845615 Miles Radius

The WorkflowThe WorkflowThis give me a result closest to the provided result, and is base on a area like this:
The AreaThe Area

Still Climbing
/Thomas

nini
8 - Asteroid

gradyjofficial
8 - Asteroid

my solution

not using drive time

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I finished the challenge without realizing the trade area tool could do drive times and that the Summarize tool could overlay spatial objects. I'm putting up my original solution anyway, but I learned a lot from this exercise.