Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #70: Trade Area Drivetime Radii

RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

I don't have the TomTom dataset, so I found the equivalent linear distance for that 30-minute-drive area

Alekh
9 - Comet

My solution

Spoiler
70.png

KeithTroutt
8 - Asteroid

I don't have the spatial license. However, I compared to other approaches and I look like I took a similar approach. I did two paths. First path used spatial process tools and second path used the summarize intersection. Both had the same answer in the end. 

Spoiler
Challenge 70 Spoiler.PNG
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Tried my best to replicate the answer without having access to drivetime data...

Spoiler
challenge 70.PNG
hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Don't have the drive time data so used straight line distance instead.

Verakso
11 - Bolide

As numerous others has mentioned, this weekly challenge is difficult with out the availability of the Spatial Data Package to calculate driving distance.

So I brute forced my solution inspired by  @NicoleJohnson 

Spoiler
Since I did not either have access to the additional spatial data package needed to facilitate the Drive Time calculation in the Trade Area object, i did a kind of brute forcing my result to use an input of 11.56845615 Miles Radius

The WorkflowThe WorkflowThis give me a result closest to the provided result, and is base on a area like this:
The AreaThe Area

Still Climbing
/Thomas

nini
8 - Asteroid

gradyjofficial
8 - Asteroid

my solution

not using drive time

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I finished the challenge without realizing the trade area tool could do drive times and that the Summarize tool could overlay spatial objects. I'm putting up my original solution anyway, but I learned a lot from this exercise.