Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #7: Download Data and Parse JSON

liamholland
8 - Asteroid

Solution:

Spoiler
Solution.png
fluteman
8 - Asteroid

This was messy. Eventually able to parse it. The numbers didn't tie for all of the records.

It's important to be able to split the high level columns from the middle ones and then conduct your transformation. There are 17 high level at the start and 3 high level at the end; 8 fields for the child table.

I ran the url in the browser to pull the data, just to view it as well.

carmenrapariz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Challenge 7.PNG
rayJ
8 - Asteroid

A nice challenge for getting familiar with downloading via JSON. Needed help at the beginning for JSON parse and download.

This solution is unique and cannot cross-check with my solution since the downloaded data has been updated.

Spoiler
rayJ_0-1602859508923.png

greggrimmer1
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
greggrimmer_0-1603292006421.png

A2H
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
Capture d’écran, le 2020-10-22 à 14.01.32.png
tclovis
8 - Asteroid

Solution

Lorenz0
6 - Meteoroid

Solved. Note that the output given in the starter file has incorrect headers.

Spoiler
challenge_7.PNG
JP_SDAK
8 - Asteroid

First time working with JSON in Alteryx.  It was a little painful since the data seems to have changed.  It looked to me like initially fields were being subtracted from each other.  I finally took the solution- output it to a file  (minus the weird Field12_xxx at the end since the count didn't match the json input and it was hard to tell which fields they were) and checked it with my answers.  I'm calling it solved 🙂

Spoiler
JP_SDAK_0-1605144287498.png

jfrg125
8 - Asteroid

Screenshot (63).png