Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #7: Download Data and Parse JSON

mreynard
7 - Meteor

I relied heavily on formulas, and it's a bit clunky, but it matches :-)

JoshuaGostick
11 - Bolide

My solution :)

nnilz
8 - Asteroid

Could not get the parse tool (as in the original solution) to split out the Row and Sub rows and assign int so had to use another text to columns >:( nonetheless solution attached

andreweckerson
7 - Meteor

Challenge #7: Solution

AdiMac
8 - Asteroid

still not regex-ing and had to have a peek at the solution to figure out how to get the pivoting to work...

Spoiler
7 json parse.png
pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution... really wish the crosstab would not rename column headers with _

Verakso
11 - Bolide

This has been the toughest challenge for me so far, and I will have to admit that I have spend quite some time on this, since I did got stuck.

My solution clearly falls into the catogory, that shows, that in Alteryx there is many ways to get to the same end result.

I am not happy with my solution, but my result matched up with the provided output, and here it is

Spoiler
So it turned out, it was not the JSON part that was the hardest, but the further transpose and cross-tab'ing  of the data.
I did use the new cache feature of 2018.3, so I did not had to hammer on the API to get the data every time I had to re-run the workflow.
My take on JSON parsingMy take on JSON parsing

I will most definable take a look at the other solutions provided (especially #1 @NicoleJohnson 😄), so I can get wiser.

//Thomas

TomE
7 - Meteor

Cool to use APIs and more parsing!

Karam
8 - Asteroid

A really interesting challenge!

Spoiler
Challenge 7.PNG
archietao
8 - Asteroid