Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #69: Web Stock Data

ExploreMore
8 - Asteroid

The URL is broken again and it looks like it has been for a while. Can you please fix this? So many eager participants with no way to participate in this challenge!

ETA: I am tagging the account that now posts the latest challenges in the hopes that it will call more attention to the issue. It's possible that the retired users from years ago were getting notified but not the new account.

@AYXAcademy 

BenFr
Alteryx
Alteryx

Used an alternative mushroom link: https://datahub.io/machine-learning/mushroom/r/mushroom.csv 

Spoiler
BenFr_0-1627650535336.png

kcfuiks
8 - Asteroid

Attached data to be parsed for others looking to complete this challenge. 

Shelbey
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Shelbey_0-1628780617105.png

I would have solved this challenge, but sadly, my access was denied... 

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Access Denied - Booo

MatthewBr_0-1629914402693.png

ARussell34
8 - Asteroid

I did it in three tools! However, I didn't round the outputs to have the same decimal places for all cells, but otherwise the output is almost an exact match for the Alternate Output.

brandowd
8 - Asteroid

Like others I got access denied for the original URL so I tried those supplied by @Jonny and @BenFr. Although the one by BenFr wasn't the same as the 'completed' one it still was a useful exercise to have a go at both.

Whilst organising the field names I initially used the "save field configuration" ('Select' tool) and then edited the xml file but to be honest I found it far easier just to copy the text from the 'XML View' and then manipulate it in Vim. Saving to a *.yxtf seems to be ok as long as you don't start to want to order fields as then things go a bit wrong. 

Spoiler
brandowd_0-1631553929005.png

TimN
13 - Pulsar
Spoiler
Used Jonny's URL
TimN_0-1632333122430.png

Thanks to @Jonny for a working URL.

MichelleL
Alteryx
Alteryx

Used URL/data from @Jonny to solve.  Similar to original data.  

URL: https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/download/SAND.ST?period1=1592992927&period2=1624528927&i...

Replace the URL in the text input tool with this one & solve away!

simon_inviso
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately i got an "access denied" as many others. Too bad!