community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #69: Web Stock Data

Highlighted
Community Data Engineer
Community Data Engineer

Here's a solution!

Spoiler
Challenge 69 Solution.PNG

Magnetar
Magnetar

Well, the yahoo link doesn't seem to be working for me today, so I connected through Yahoo Finance and downloaded the HTML. 

A bit of cleaning, a bit of RegEx, and voila! A useable table. When I can actually connect to the API, I will post a new solution.

Spoiler
Spoilerimage.png

I totally agree with you DanG

a-ok-emoji-arancho-doc-translation-localization-services.png

Meteoroid

Yahoo API doesn't work and I used "Barchart on demand". It's free, but requires registration.

The solution can be improved by creating input for dates, splits, dividends, time-frames (weekly or daily).

Spoiler
symbols.pngInkedFormula Tool_LI.jpgScreenshot - 2017-05-31 , 15_24_35.pngfinal table.png

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hey @MattD,

The Yahoo link is dead for this challenge!

Any chance you could supply an alternative?

Director, Customer Enablement
Director, Customer Enablement

It's come to my attention that the Yahoo Finance API closed down. Instead, I've updated the original post to use a call to the Google Finance API. The differences between the APIs are minimal and you can expect one less field from the Google API.

Get back to it @LordNeilLord!

Nice and straight forward approach :)

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 69.png

Thanks for updating the link @JoeM

@SeanAdams 71 down, 3 to go!

Meteor

Asteroid

Great challenge, I hadn't yet had an opportunity to use the download tool. Thanks!

Solution attached!