community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #69: Web Stock Data

Asteroid

Highlighted
Meteor

Done. 

Alteryx Partner

Again, a helpful exercise (and the YouTube videos on various tools also help....)

What I learned:

- Lots of hidden tools in Alteryx.  I need to figure out where to find them and add them to my Toolbar (rather than search one at a time)

- Grabbing and parsing csv files is simple - now I just have to figure out how to find them on a website (and then how to cycle through to capture all of them)

Spoiler
By the way, I am noting process here (and in other challenges) for my own records and eventually for others to reference once I become knowledgeable enough that anyone would care about my answer (but today is not that day....)

Process:
- Download file using Download tool
- Separate file into rows (using \n delimiter)
- Separate file into columns (using , delimiter)
- Rename fields with Dynamic Rename tool (selecting use first row as field name setting)
- Swapped "True" for "t"
- Deleted unneeded columns
- Check results with Expect Equal tool (from Marquee Crew)

MySolution.PNG
Meteoroid

Solved

Meteor

Solution

Meteor

Here is my solution

Alteryx
Alteryx

This is the mushroom challenge. I added a batch macro to avoid manually setting the number of columns for splitting the data.

Margarita Wilshire
Manager, Customer Support Engineering
Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge_69_solution_justindavis.PNG

"They're mushrooms - they don't get that high." - Dwight K. Schrute

Asteroid

PFA my solution

Alteryx Partner