Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #69: Web Stock Data

data_rachel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Had a play with the reporting toolsHad a play with the reporting tools
samjohnson
7 - Meteor

It might be interesting to see the daily change in stock price and the positive and negative 1-standard deviation of the average change over this time period.

marcreid
7 - Meteor

Solution

Spoiler
image.png
dominiklz
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
69.PNG
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi, is there an issue with the google link now?  I'm seeing something like "but your computer or network may be sending automated queries" "To protect our users, we cant' process your request right now."  I got frustrated so I tried one of the posted solutions and am getting the same message.  There must be an issue because there have been no solutions posted recently...  Was looking forward to this one!  Hopefully we can get the URL issue resolved, thanks!

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ggruccio, thanks for reporting this!  Let me see if I can find a similar dataset with a functional API ( was seeing the same as you; it appears the Google Finance API is no longer accessible).  I'll post back when I've updated this Challenge.  

ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@ggruccio This Challenge has been updated so you can check this one off your list!  Happy Challenging!

LandonG
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Thank you Christine!  Solution Posted.

samN
10 - Fireball

another one down