Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #68: Elapsed Classroom Times

jacob
6 - Meteoroid

Spoiler
I've also come up with a one formula tool solution. I really like the colorful support the new formula tool offers.

wc68.PNG

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Same solution as most :)

Spoiler
Weekly Challenge 68.png
A_Twa
8 - Asteroid

File under "More than one way to skin a cat"

Spoiler
I fully expected my DateTimeFormat + DateTimeParse + PadLeft formulas to be the 'official' solution - and then I looked at the formulas used in the official answer. ;)

MsBindy
8 - Asteroid

I have some confusion between DateTimeParse and DateTimeFormat,  but with some trial and error I did manage to get a solution.

Elena_Caric
8 - Asteroid

Learning so much today! :)

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution.  I transposed both time fields into one column to save having to run the conversions twice, but then had to cross-tab twice at the end, so I'm not sure if it actually saved any steps.

UPDATE: Looking at everyone else's solutions there are MUCH easier ways to do this, but I guess that's why this is a learning exercise. :-)

Spoiler
challenge-68.PNG

nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
Spoiler
Capture.PNG
data_rachel
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
challenge68.PNG

Looks like I could have probably done it with fewer formula tools? Found this one a bit fiddly.
samjohnson
7 - Meteor

This challenge may seem simple, but there are some tricky points, including where a class begins in the morning and ends in the afternoon, which requires the absolute value between two times.

My solutions rarely use as few tools as possible; I've found that the more tightly wound the code within a tool is the harder it is to transition the project to someone else who may or may not have the same expertise (be it more or less). I like trying to use the base tools to solve the problem, and fully admit that I don't have a complete grasp of every tool in every category, but I'm trying!

Spoiler
Challenge68.PNG