community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #68: Elapsed Classroom Times

Meteor
Spoiler
Screenshot (368).png

All in one tool! Spotted some problems in the original data so minorly cleaned before processing.

Meteoroid
Spoiler
wk 68.JPG

After learning a few of the time specifiers this became pretty simple.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Used 3 formulas to get the answer, and then used two more to convert the answer to string as per output. I tried to wrap the last two formulas around my time calculations, but it didn't work in the same column for some reason. 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 20.16.12.png

Here is my solution

Director, Customer Enablement
Director, Customer Enablement

Solution posted!! I hit the formula tool hard this week ;)

Highlighted

JoeM, thanks for another interesting solution! I learned something new again.

Realised that I didn't convert 24h to 12h before, so here is my updated solution.

Magnetar
Magnetar

Here's my solution. Two approaches. One which is step by step, and one which does everything with long formulae in a formula tool

Spoiler
Spoilerimage.png
Magnetar
Magnetar

Here's my solution. Two approaches. One which is step by step, and one which does everything with long formulae in a formula tool

Spoiler
Spoilerimage.png
Asteroid

Wow that was unpleasant. Whatever happened to Alteryx requiring "no coding"?