community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #68: Elapsed Classroom Times

Alteryx Partner

noice

Spoiler
challenge 68.PNG
Alteryx Partner

So i thought why not complete this challenge without using a single datetime tool or datetime formula...it does require a tad more thinking, but you can still get to the same result!

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner
Spoiler
challenge 68.PNG
Asteroid

Alteryx Certified Partner

I had to have a peak at the solution after I made mine, since I needed to see if there was a smarter way than my own approach 😉

If you like, you can download my solution and judge for your self 😆

Spoiler
I was a bit confused about the time conversion, and it took me some time extra to figure out, how I from my 24 hour time could match the output in 12 hour format.

So my workflow is pretty much the same as the official solution
2019-02-20 11_09_29-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_68_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngThe Workflow
But the formulas are a bit more extrapolated 😝

2019-02-20 11_11_20-Alteryx Designer x64 - challenge_68_solution_verakso.yxmd.pngThe Formulas

Still Climbing

/Thomas 

Bolide

Did a more brute force method with this solution.

Spoiler
Challenge 68.PNG
Asteroid

Not my cleanest solution ever....but here it is.

Asteroid

my solution

im not a fan of really long formulas so happy I could do it without the need of one

Asteroid

completed

Alteryx
Alteryx

I was tempted to use datetime functions, but the math was simple enough that it was easier to build it out with string functions and simple math.