Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #68: Elapsed Classroom Times

jon_m_nakamoto
6 - Meteoroid

Some of us are doing this challenge way late, just for practice. I decided to take the "formula tool" route rather than using the date/time conversion tools. I also wanted to include "AM" and "PM" in the standard time columns, as it drives me crazy to see just "6:00" (in the military this could easily be either morning or evening and the poor student might make a big mistake). I also wanted to flag those records where the begin time was apparently after the end time (leading to a negative elapsed time calculation). Unless begin time 1600 to end time 1000 (record 476) actually means an 18 hour class that starts one day and finishes the next...I haven't looked yet at the official solution to see if there was any commentary about that...

jon_m_nakamoto
6 - Meteoroid

Um, what the heck is a "bayron", that is my apparent rank? Was this meant to be "baryon" by chance?

wenjuanchen
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
Capture.PNG

Solution attached. 

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

My solution:

Laurap1228
11 - Bolide

Was able to do most of the calculations for this in 1 tool!

Spoiler
Challenge68.jpg
MarMu
8 - Asteroid

I guess not much to say about that. Pretty straight forward. Did a 2 tool solution with a few formulas to handle Nulls and TBA. I started by trying to convert to number. If unsuccessful replace by Null. It think that parsing the original field would make more sense. But that is just me.

Spoiler
challenge_68_start_file_MarMu.png 

ahess
7 - Meteor

jssandom
8 - Asteroid

Just used the Formula tool for this one

mina_ran
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
68.png

Here is my solution.