community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.

Challenge #68: Elapsed Classroom Times

Alteryx Certified Partner

Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_68_spoiler_KO.png
Asteroid

Meteoroid

My solution

Highlighted
Meteor

Asteroid

My solution: 

Spoiler
challenge_68.jpg
6 formulae used 
Bolide

Cheers!

Asteroid

Here is my solution

Meteor

Meteoroid

Not as efficient as the provided solution but still gets the job done just as well.

Spoiler
Solution.JPG

Some of us are doing this challenge way late, just for practice. I decided to take the "formula tool" route rather than using the date/time conversion tools. I also wanted to include "AM" and "PM" in the standard time columns, as it drives me crazy to see just "6:00" (in the military this could easily be either morning or evening and the poor student might make a big mistake). I also wanted to flag those records where the begin time was apparently after the end time (leading to a negative elapsed time calculation). Unless begin time 1600 to end time 1000 (record 476) actually means an 18 hour class that starts one day and finishes the next...I haven't looked yet at the official solution to see if there was any commentary about that...