Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #68: Elapsed Classroom Times

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

Spoiler
challenge_68_spoiler_KO.png
Walsh67
8 - Asteroid

AngieKing
7 - Meteor

My solution

berlyma1
7 - Meteor

catherineduffy
8 - Asteroid

My solution: 

Spoiler
challenge_68.jpg
6 formulae used 
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!

pasccout
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution

theboss22
7 - Meteor

AmandaH
8 - Asteroid

Not as efficient as the provided solution but still gets the job done just as well.

Spoiler
Solution.JPG

jon_m_nakamoto
6 - Meteoroid

Some of us are doing this challenge way late, just for practice. I decided to take the "formula tool" route rather than using the date/time conversion tools. I also wanted to include "AM" and "PM" in the standard time columns, as it drives me crazy to see just "6:00" (in the military this could easily be either morning or evening and the poor student might make a big mistake). I also wanted to flag those records where the begin time was apparently after the end time (leading to a negative elapsed time calculation). Unless begin time 1600 to end time 1000 (record 476) actually means an 18 hour class that starts one day and finishes the next...I haven't looked yet at the official solution to see if there was any commentary about that...