Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #67: Calculate Spatial Angles

Verakso
11 - Bolide

So the first part of doing it only using Spatial tools was straight forward fun

The other part - not so much, but I gave it a go - after all, how hard could it be?

Especially since I have just helped the daughter with some high school trigonometry - now I am afraid she won't pass her grades with her fathers assistance 😂

Spoiler
So the Spatial part was pretty straight forward. Okay I might have some assumptions in the calculations but still, there is a reason for using the Spatial Tools.

High on this success, I decided to try on the non-spatial approach, and here a couple of hours later, here is my result.
Weekly Challenge #067Weekly Challenge #067Looking at some of the other solutions, especially the official by @JoeM is must admit I am not impressed with my Alteryx Formula / Math Skills - so I guess I just stick to the Spatial Tools that I love ❤️

But on the fun side, I did get to use the Switch condition, which I have wanted to do in a long time.

On my way to Lhotse Face

/Verakso

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #67, done.

Spoiler
Challenge_67.PNG

Cheers,

Ozzy_Campos
8 - Asteroid

'Some Old Horse Caught a Horse Taking Oats Away'

Used Way to many tools, but I'll consolidate later 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Not sure why non-special (trig) is giving a slightly different answer.  Used ACOS instead of ASIN and my distances matched the solution when I checked them (check not in final solution).  When I ran the posted solution using ACOS it matched my answer.  Trigonometry should give the same result for ASIN (length Opposite/length Hypotenuse) as ACOS (length Adjacent)/length Hypotenuse).  Let me know if someone knows differently.

Spoiler
 Workflow 67.GIF

Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

My solution. Both with and without spatial tools.

Spoiler
challenge 67 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
67. Spatial.PNG
Didn't even need the bottom bit, but I did so I could do Pythagoras originally. The distance tool did all the work for me! 
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

solution attached

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

Thought I was going to need to dust off the Trig functions until realized the distance tool could give the direction in terms of degrees.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution using the spatial tools.

Spoiler
Challenge 67.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com