Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #67: Calculate Spatial Angles

Verakso
11 - Bolide

So the first part of doing it only using Spatial tools was straight forward fun

The other part - not so much, but I gave it a go - after all, how hard could it be?

Especially since I have just helped the daughter with some high school trigonometry - now I am afraid she won't pass her grades with her fathers assistance 😂

Spoiler
So the Spatial part was pretty straight forward. Okay I might have some assumptions in the calculations but still, there is a reason for using the Spatial Tools.

High on this success, I decided to try on the non-spatial approach, and here a couple of hours later, here is my result.
Weekly Challenge #067Weekly Challenge #067Looking at some of the other solutions, especially the official by @JoeM is must admit I am not impressed with my Alteryx Formula / Math Skills - so I guess I just stick to the Spatial Tools that I love ❤️

But on the fun side, I did get to use the Switch condition, which I have wanted to do in a long time.

On my way to Lhotse Face

/Verakso

hanykowska
11 - Bolide

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #67, done.

Spoiler
Challenge_67.PNG

Cheers,

Ozzy_Campos
8 - Asteroid

'Some Old Horse Caught a Horse Taking Oats Away'

Used Way to many tools, but I'll consolidate later 

T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Not sure why non-special (trig) is giving a slightly different answer.  Used ACOS instead of ASIN and my distances matched the solution when I checked them (check not in final solution).  When I ran the posted solution using ACOS it matched my answer.  Trigonometry should give the same result for ASIN (length Opposite/length Hypotenuse) as ACOS (length Adjacent)/length Hypotenuse).  Let me know if someone knows differently.

Spoiler
 Workflow 67.GIF

Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

My solution. Both with and without spatial tools.

Spoiler
challenge 67 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
TimothyManning
8 - Asteroid
Spoiler
67. Spatial.PNG
Didn't even need the bottom bit, but I did so I could do Pythagoras originally. The distance tool did all the work for me! 
Greg_Murray
12 - Quasar

solution attached

bkclaw113
9 - Comet

Thought I was going to need to dust off the Trig functions until realized the distance tool could give the direction in terms of degrees.

cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Here's my solution using the spatial tools.

Spoiler
Challenge 67.PNG
Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com