Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #67: Calculate Spatial Angles

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

My solution

Alekh
9 - Comet

My solution

Spoiler
67.png

KeithTroutt
8 - Asteroid

Had tough time on the bonus part. 

Spoiler
Challenge 67 Spoiler.PNG
RichoBsJ
11 - Bolide

Hi! Here my solution :)

I calculated an easier spacial solution

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

The first time I've used the spatial functions :) My angle answer from the formula tool method is out by 0.056 degrees, but I already reached my threshold for trigonometry, so I'm calling it...

Spoiler
challenge 67.PNG
nini
8 - Asteroid

My Solution: 

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I wish I could remember some of the formulas I learned way back in middle school. I was very sad i couldn't think of any of them for the non-Spatial route. It makes me enjoy the spatial tools that much more that can do those things for me! It took me a lot longer than I wanted because of the formulas eluding my memory.

Spoiler
Challenge 67.PNG
KMiller
8 - Asteroid

Solution attached.

Spoiler
28-03-2019 09-21-34.png
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This is a tricky one for me. One thing new I learnt is that the angle returned from distance tool is based on Clock-wise from the North and hence not the same convention for long-lat angle. Needed to refresh geometry knowledge.

Spoiler
Sol67.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Forgot to post this last night. This one was a lot of fun. Glad to see that I remember high school trig. I used more tools than necessary for the bonus question because I wanted it to be easier to understand than just a huge blob of formulas in one tool. I'm also excited about this one because it's my 75th challenge completed. Besides another badge, it also means I've been averaging just about one challenge a day since I joined Alteryx 76 days ago.

Reposted with a couple of fixes: 1. Ensure consistent results if both points have same Lat (Y) value. 2. Avoid dividing by 0 if both points having same Long (X).