Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #66: My Wine Problem

jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Solution attached.

jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

I went for a fairly simple approach. First time I've used the Test tool and I can see this coming in handy in future.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 12.01.20.png
katelynhweber
5 - Atom

My solution, which uses the batch macro approach mentioned in the bonus.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge Completed

daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution package attached...

I solved it using a batch macro and some message tools to avoid data input erros, but for me the best thing was to listen to UB40 during this exercise. It was really amazing!!!

Spoiler
WorkflowWorkflowBatch MacroBatch Macro

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide

Built as an app with a batch macro inside...

Spoiler
Catching errors:
Catching errorsCatching errors

Main macroMain macro

Workflow of the app (+ checking results)Workflow of the app (+ checking results)
tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
WC66Macro.PNG

The stuff outside the macro isn't particularly exciting, but this should allow the user to specify the box size and will output correct results for each.

Heavy use of the Multi-Row formula tool to allocate boxes and correctly identify the BottleIDs in each box. RunningTotal was invaluable in preventing box overflows as well.

Did anyone find a way to do this without just appending box size to every observation? My only thought would've been to set a global constant to BoxSize, but I was unsure how to go about that with a user-specified input value.

Really enjoyed this challenge, it was a tough problem with some quirks to make it feel a little more like a real-world problem.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

No bonus for me either.  But on the other hand...Yay  1st Macro built from scratch!  Cute little icon and everything

Spoiler
Solution 66.png

Dan

kat
12 - Quasar
Spoiler
Challenge #66 macro.PNGChallenge #66.PNG
JoBen
11 - Bolide

Cheers!