Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #66: My Wine Problem

FRANCK_ROUQUETTE
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the exercise - very good to practice iterative macro - attached my solution + solution to Bonus 1 - I used imbricated macro 

RobertoEstrada
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution, for the null and range validations I just added a formula record on it.

Etienne
8 - Asteroid

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Spoiler
Used a batch macro to process size criteria (6,12, 96). Output in a table to use less tools for output

CaraI
Alteryx
Alteryx

I went Bonus - Batch Macro all the way!  Batched my output to a single Excel with one sheet per case price to boot!

Spoiler
clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png
jagdeep_singh85
8 - Asteroid

PFA my solution

arjanloogman
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

The less tools, the better...

Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 16.17.15.png
Spoiler
Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 16.17.01.png

Did the error conditions and error message in an earlier version, left them out here.

Regards,

Arjan Loogman

RoDO
8 - Asteroid

My solution

Spoiler
challenge_66_RODO_Solution.pngchallenge_66_RODO_Solution_Macro.pngchallenge_66_RODO_Solution_Macro_Bonus.png
JennyMartin
9 - Comet
Spoiler
AWC66.PNG

I remember looking at this a few months ago and being completely stumped! Today I found it quite easy 🙂 Happy my macro knowledge is improving. 

ArnavS
Alteryx
Alteryx

kmcdaniel
8 - Asteroid

Here are the guts of my batch macro:

Spoiler
screenshot66.png