Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #66: My Wine Problem

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Fun challenge! I was able to create a macro that boxed all the different sizes. 

Spoiler
Challenge 66.PNG
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Didn't go for the bonus. I had a lot of struggles trying to figure out how to manage compares when the types of the columns might be different from one run to the next. Finally sorted it out.

Spoiler
Two things I learned: First, ToString() can accept a string parameter and not throw a type error. Similarly ToNumber() can accept a number parameter. Second, Int16: Forced can be very handy.
archietao
8 - Asteroid

my solution:

archietao
8 - Asteroid

used two macros to solve this. 

acrahen
8 - Asteroid

Going for the double-secret bonus.  Used a chunk macro I already built for another purpose.

Spoiler
2019-04-25_11-06-15.jpg2019-04-25_11-09-33.jpg2019-04-25_11-06-23.jpg
bkclaw113
9 - Comet

As a few people mentioned I found how this was worded to be very confusing as well.  They kind of missed the point of having numbered bottles . . . they need to be unique.

However, for this challenge to work you need to assume that the order number and the bottle number make up the composite unique key, so OrderID1 can have BottleID 1, and the completely seperate OrderID 2 can also have a bottle with BottleID1.  Think of it more like 1.1 and 2.1.

Anyway I did end up with a batch macro handling the box size, calling an iterative macro sorting the bottles into the boxes.

Eleonora
8 - Asteroid

My first batch macro. Took a while

Spoiler
challenge 66 solution Eleonora Nazander.JPG
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Challenge #66, done.

Spoiler
Solution_Challeneg_66.PNGBatch_Pic_Challenge_66.PNG

Cheers,

msicak
8 - Asteroid

agree with @MarqueeCrew that batch is not needed for this scenario, went for it for practice.

Spoiler
ch66.png
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Fun batch macro practice.  I did this during breaks during the Advanced Macro class at #Inspire19

Spoiler
Macro 66.GIF

Spoiler
Workflow 66.GIF