Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #65: Fulfilling Inventory Orders

MinaGO
7 - Meteor

Yes this is a nice little reduction to get the solution in a slightly shorter way. Thanks Simo :)

There may still be an argument for leaving it as the original in a real use case where there are only orders which outstrip supply on certain SKU's and this would cause a problem.

Simona
7 - Meteor

Absolutely, it makes sense to me what you are saying, in that case you would need that. :)

Cheers Mina!

DinoF
6 - Meteoroid

Hi here's my solution, it might not be the quickest and simplest one but at least it works.

Cheers

alex
11 - Bolide

@Simonaand @MinaGO - You can also use the group by option inside the multi-row tool so that the formula resets for each the item selected, in this case it would be Order SKU.

alex
11 - Bolide

MinaGO
7 - Meteor

Edit: Nevermind your version is using group by my alteryx is crazy and when I download and open yours it wipes out all the group bys. Thank you very much for the feedback!

Screenshot (315).pngScreenshot (316).png

Simona
7 - Meteor

Alex, I downloaded your workflow, very neat!! :) To be honest I did not use that much before the option "group by"in the multirow formula, but I can see now why I should have used it more!! Thank you :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Joe,

While I solved the problem with more tools than some, I needed some extra tools because instead of a join I used find replace.  Nesting logic in a multi-row formula could remove another tool, but once you're there and getting good results I opted for maintainability.  Kudos to all.

Happy Easter,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Natasha
9 - Comet

JoeM,

Thank you for another interesting challenge, had to revisit my logic a few times.

I hadn't used many tools, though my multi-row formula is rather lengthy, as I wanted to check whether the first order can be fulfilled or not.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 19.32.10.png

Natasha
9 - Comet

double post