Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #65: Fulfilling Inventory Orders

MinaGO
7 - Meteor

Yes this is a nice little reduction to get the solution in a slightly shorter way. Thanks Simo :)

There may still be an argument for leaving it as the original in a real use case where there are only orders which outstrip supply on certain SKU's and this would cause a problem.

Simona
7 - Meteor

Absolutely, it makes sense to me what you are saying, in that case you would need that. :)

Cheers Mina!

DinoF
6 - Meteoroid

Hi here's my solution, it might not be the quickest and simplest one but at least it works.

Cheers

alex
11 - Bolide

@Simonaand @MinaGO - You can also use the group by option inside the multi-row tool so that the formula resets for each the item selected, in this case it would be Order SKU.

alex
11 - Bolide

MinaGO
7 - Meteor

Edit: Nevermind your version is using group by my alteryx is crazy and when I download and open yours it wipes out all the group bys. Thank you very much for the feedback!

Screenshot (315).pngScreenshot (316).png

Simona
7 - Meteor

Alex, I downloaded your workflow, very neat!! :) To be honest I did not use that much before the option "group by"in the multirow formula, but I can see now why I should have used it more!! Thank you :)

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Joe,

While I solved the problem with more tools than some, I needed some extra tools because instead of a join I used find replace.  Nesting logic in a multi-row formula could remove another tool, but once you're there and getting good results I opted for maintainability.  Kudos to all.

Happy Easter,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Natasha
9 - Comet

JoeM,

Thank you for another interesting challenge, had to revisit my logic a few times.

I hadn't used many tools, though my multi-row formula is rather lengthy, as I wanted to check whether the first order can be fulfilled or not.

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 19.32.10.png

Natasha
9 - Comet

double post