community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Weekly Challenge
Do you have the skills to make it to the top? Subscribe to our weekly challenges. Try your best to solve the problem, share your solution, and see how others tackled the same problem. We share our answer too.
Unable to display your progress at this time. Please try again a little later, or contact an administrator if you continue to see this error.
Getting started with Designer? | Start your journey with our new Learning Path!

Challenge #65: Fulfilling Inventory Orders

Asteroid
Spoiler
2019-07-27 21_01_30-Greenshot.png

My version with Summary tool.

Used a similar approach to the solution provided. My solution seems simpler, but it's probably not quite as robust for edge cases if the input dataset was different. Starting to get a better feel for the multi-row formula tool.

Spoiler
SolutionClipping.PNG
Meteor

Wow! This was a bit difficult.

Here's my solution

Spoiler
Joined datasets, sorted by SKU and Demand, Used a Multi Row to Calculate a Remaining field, flagged rows where remaining changes and filtered them. 
Asteroid

My solution: attached.

Thank you. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

I parked this challenge when I first came across I found it very tricky.

Even months later, with a lot more Alteryx experience under my belt, I found it difficult!

Spoiler
James Marks Week 65.PNG
Asteroid

Thank you for the exercise - I used imbricated iterative macro to solve - great case - attached my solution

Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
65 challenge.jpg
Alteryx Partner

65 - complete

Highlighted
Asteroid

My solution is a little bit different that the posted one but we got the same results.