Weekly Challenge

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!
IDEAS WANTED

We're actively looking for ideas on how to improve Weekly Challenges and would love to hear what you think!

Submit Feedback
We've recently made an accessibility improvement to the community and therefore posts without any content are no longer allowed. Please use the spoiler feature or add a short message in the message body in order to submit your weekly challenge.

Challenge #64: Catch Me If You Can

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

For some reason, I couldn't figure out how to configure auto-select, so here is my longish solution. 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 22.51.36.png
Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Screenshot (293).png

Not the most elegant workflow but here is my first challenge solution!
Edit: Removed unnecessary tools :)

Highlighted
Spoiler
Picture_challenge_1.PNG
So, first way I thought about was using the transpose and crosstab. Then I thought I did not need to do that and I could have used the dynamic rename straight away, so I did. The dynamic select rule I made is a calc which removes all the fields that do not contain /

First time I participate to these weekly challenges, I will try to be constant from now on. :)

I posted 2 solutions, really interesting and useful exercise! Thanks :)

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

So Fun! Thanks @JoeM.

Spoiler
WC64.png
Tara McCoy
Highlighted

First participation and I love it! 

Looks like I need to learn a little more about what the dynamic rename has to offer though ;)

Spoiler
2017-04-08_09-04-33.png
Highlighted

First participation and I love it! 

Looks like I need to learn a little more about what the dynamic rename has to offer though ;)

Spoiler
2017-04-08_09-04-33.png
Highlighted
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

very similar to a few folk ( @toddhowl , @NicoleJohnson etc) - just maybe less tidy

Highlighted
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

The solution has been posted. It appears that @MarqueeCrew and I are identical! 

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

I chose to utilize the union tool's Auto Config by Name & Set Specific Out Order options to tee up my favorite Dynamic Rename method.  Enjoyed this one!

Spoiler
Challenge 64Challenge 64
Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Learned something new with the dynamic tools on this one!