Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #62: Find the Duplicate Clicks

Natasha
9 - Comet

Finally I managed to complete the challenge with only one tool

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 18.25.10.png
JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The solution to this week's challenge has been posted!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@alex, although your workflow may be the same as @MarqueeCrew's, you should upload it so our system can recognize it as a solution so you can earn more badges!

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

One tip for a couple of our challengees for this past week, if you find yourself writing logic into your expression like '[IDFA]=[Row-1:IDFA]'  or  '[DeviceID]=[Row-1:DeviceID]', you are essentially writing in logic to detect when one distinct group stops and another starts. Although the logic is valid, I'm here to save you some time! You can select fields the 'Group by' to use to apply your logic. In this case, you can select DeviceID and IDFA to group by, and the expression you write will only evaluate each distinct DeviceID and IDFA grouping. 

Natasha
9 - Comet

@JoeM,

I was just looking at your solution and discovered the "group by" field. Excited to learn something new even from such a relatively small challenge! 

alex
11 - Bolide

Here you go

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Took me 4 tools.  I know someone did better...

Spoiler
62_Preview.png

toddhowl
7 - Meteor

Spoiler
Spoiler62.JPG
Coxta45
11 - Bolide

@Natasha,

You may not want to assume that 1) event logs will already be in chronological order 2) sorted by device id and 3) also sorted by IDFA and 4) also sorted by event name - if more than one event type exists...

Natasha
9 - Comet

Coxta45,

You are right, thanks for pointing that out