Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #62: Find the Duplicate Clicks

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This solution to last week's challenge can be found HERE.

A website log tracks every click visitors are making on a particular link on the site in order to measure interest in the link.

However, web consumers are impatient and may click a link multiple times in short succession.

The goal of this exercise is to flag "duplicate clicks" that is defined as the event fire date happening within 30 seconds of the previous event fire date for the same user (IDFA) and device (DeviceID)

alex
11 - Bolide

not sure if I arrived early, but there was no workflow attached to your post.

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@alex, the start file is now posted!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JoeM,

I included a sort (to make sure that data is in time order).  Your challenges almost make Monday's something to look forward to..

Cheers,
Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
alex
11 - Bolide

Looked for a way to do it differently than @MarqueeCrew, but couldn't.  My workflow was the same as his.

Balders
11 - Bolide

I went a longer way around on the date parsing but got there in the end. I also assumed the data was pre-sorted from eyeballing the data.

Nice short challenge.

Max06270
7 - Meteor

Hi guys, solution attached. this week was pretty straight forward, have a great week!

thank you

JoeM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@MarqueeCrew... the critical word being "almost".  ;) 

Inactive User
Not applicable

Fairly simple one I believe.

vuddagiri1991
5 - Atom

Took a while to write the expression, but quite a simple one.