Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Weekly Challenges

Solve the challenge, share your solution and summit the ranks of our Community!

Also available in | Français | Português | Español | 日本語
IDEAS WANTED

Want to get involved? We're always looking for ideas and content for Weekly Challenges.

SUBMIT YOUR IDEA

Challenge #62: Find the Duplicate Clicks

kcgreen
8 - Asteroid

I didn't realize you could group by other columns in the Multi-Row Formula tool.  That's a great tip.   Here's what my solution looked like before I checked out all the comments and everybody else's solutions

Spoiler

62.JPG

dsmdavid
11 - Bolide
Spoiler
62(1).png
daniel_ferreira
8 - Asteroid

Follow my solution attached...

StevenBetts
8 - Asteroid

I liked this one :)

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Solution attached.

kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

Mine is pretty similar to the given solution (notes in spoiler).

Spoiler
I used a separate date parse and multi-row tool (while the solution did this in one tool). Note, the given solution did not sort the records, so it is assuming that records are already pre-sorted by DeviceID, IDFA, and EventFireDate!

Capture.PNG
Wouter
8 - Asteroid

My solution:

Spoiler
challenge 62.jpg
tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Here's my solution:

Spoiler
WC62workflow.PNG

For some reason the DateTime tool couldn't recognize the EventFireDate field, so I just parsed them separately and joined back on a RecordID field before combining Date and Time.

From there, the Multi-Row tool provided all functionality needed to group and flag the duplicates.

One question I had was how would you handle this if you weren't just looking 1 row back, but at the last 'non-duplicate' click, since the number of rows back could be variable. Any suggestions?

svenk
8 - Asteroid

My Solution!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Nice and short

Spoiler
Solution 62.png

Dan